Quality Assurance Engineer
1111 W 22nd St Oak Brook, IL 60523
Voca Technology has immediate openings available for Quality Assurance Engineer professionals in Oak Brook, IL!
Voca connects professionals in Technology with fantastic companies nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
- Execute manual and automated functional and performance tests to qualify our Windows-based software suite on a new hardware platform.
- Execute functional and performance tests to access the impact of security patches and anti-virus/anti-malware software on our Linux based servers.
- Involved in requirements analysis, test planning activities, writing test cases/scripts, test case automation and execution of all testing required to ensure that the software is of the highest quality. Testing levels may include application integration, system, system/network integration and acceptance testing; may also include non-functional testing such as performance, volume, load and fallback.
Primary Job Duties
• Responsible for providing the planning, integration, casing, scripting, and execution of all testing required of a single software change or project.
• Reviews business requirements and designs specifications for low to moderately complex changes/systems for completeness and testability.
• Develops and maintains test plans, test environments, test cases, test scripts and/or workflow usage.
• Conducts testing using company-specific, manual or automated processes.
• Executes test scripts/cases and communicates the results of testing.
• Prepares and maintains test case documentation which may include alignment to client configurations.
• Diagnoses and resolves technical and operational problems on installed networks, systems or products.
• Documents all problems and works to resolve them. Reports progress on problem resolution to management. Implements pre-determined improvements to current procedures and reports on success of changes. Performs work flow analysis and recommends quality improvements.
• Works with the software project during its early stages to establish plans, standards, and procedures.
• Reviews projects software engineering activity to verify compliance.
• Audits designated software work products to verify compliance.
• Implements collection of software metrics.
• Escalates software process issues to appropriate levels of management.
Scope and Impact
• Provides guidance or specialized services that directly support or affect results.
• Typically works as a member of a a single QA or Process team.
• Works on projects/changes of minimal to medium complexity.
• Accountable for the quality of own work, delivered within agreed procedures and timeframes and focused on internal and/or external customer needs.
• Works independently within defined parameters, taking ownership of problems within own area of knowledge.
• Decisions taken are made within guidelines set by others.
• Makes recommendations for process improvements to immediate manager.
• Works under direct supervision, carries out procedures to ensure that all information systems products and services meet minimum company standards and end-user requirements.
• Tests modules of medium software products or smaller stand-alone software products to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects.
1. Python, Robot framework experience is a must
2. Minimally three years of testing experience or equivalent, testing large distributed system.
3. Familiarity with Linux and Microsoft Windows environments
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work