QA Specialist II
1921 Hurd Drive Irving, Texas 75038
Voca has an immediate opening available for a QA Specialist II in Irving, Texas!
- This position is NonExempt.
- Hours over 40 will be paid at Time and a Half.
- Assures the quality of manufactured products and processes per standard operating processes(SOP'S) and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices).
- Requires basic knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (ASME Y14.5-1994).
- Capable of using hand-held inspection tools including; but not necessarily limited to; calipers; micrometers; height gages; and optical comparators; as well as any testers and fixtures that may be appropriate to perform those tasks.
- Applies an understanding of cable/harness assembly and printed circuit board assembly to perform visual and dimensional inspections. Performs inspection on printed material (e.g. Primary and Secondary labeling; manuals; print inserts; CD’s; etc.).
- Performs First Article Inspections. Has basic computer knowledge to be able to perform data entry; retrieving; tracking; and logging of data. Good understanding of engineering drawings and inspection methodology.
- Interpersonal skills include ability to communicate in a positive and effective manner to peers; internal and external customers.
- Performs needed work activities with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to apply proper problem resolution skills.
- Accepts and rejects supplier lots based on inspection results. Information gathered used by others to make both critical and strategic decisions.
- Ability to use advanced upper level instrumentation such as 3D/2D digital measuring projector and/or optical testing and visualization instruments.
- This includes writing and validating the programs used by the automated equipment.
- The candidate must be able to interpret a drawing and develop the automated testing to ensure the specifications of the drawing are met. Additionally, the candidate must have demonstrated experience in these areas and can be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for automated testing.
- Years of Exp: 3+ years of inspection experience
- Minimum Education: Ideally a Bachelor’s degree in a science or closely related discipline selected candidate able to start once onboarding is complete
Voca: The Spirit of Work