Property Tax Assistant
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Interacts with taxing jurisdictions to verify assessment, tax bill, and deadline information.
- Monitors compliance and filing requirements in conjunction with staff and management.
- Receives, identifies, and sorts all incoming mail on a daily basis.
- Batches tax documents for scanning into scan manager for transmitting information to India resources for processing, where applicable.
- Processes tax bills and assessments timely, including allowing enough time for processing by client.
- Coordinates outgoing mail processes, including preparation of certified and return receipts, and proper postage metering; logs proof of mailers; and delivers mail to post office or courier service.
- Scans and archives proof of mailers in Property Tax system of record. Assembles tax return packages if necessary.
- Assists in preparation for board hearings by copying, collating, and binding documentation for presentations to the review board.
- Assists with researching asset ownership structures, title policy reviews, jurisdictional tax policies, property re-parceling, and tenant escalation billing issues, as requested and directed.
- Builds knowledge of property tax jurisdictions throughout the country, including tax bill deadlines, appeal deadlines, and tracking statutory deadlines.
- Coordinates processes with jurisdictional data requests to meet statutory deadline requirements for assessment notices, compliance returns, tax bills, and agency authorizations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook skills.
- Valid driver’s license required.