Process Development Scientist
91 Blue Ravine Rd Folsom, California 95630
- This position will support the standardization of bio chemical synthesis and purification processes, perform gap analysis, propose process improvements, update work instructions and other documentation through a standardized process in order to aid manufacturing.
- Evaluation and troubleshooting of protein synthesis and conjugation processes including analytical chemistry techniques.
- Develop and perform in-process and product testing of synthesized proteins and conjugates. Identify and understand process shortcomings to improve purification of conjugated and unconjugated proteins.
- 25% Travel
- BS or higher degree in Biochemistry or related field
- 5+ years of experience in the industry
- Knowledge in protein conjugation, synthesis and purification techniques, enzyme digestion and activity analysis, peptide and glycan analysis
- Production and purification of labeled antibodies
- Experience in analytical chemistry techniques such as: CE, UV, LC and LC/MS for large molecules
- Identify post-translational modifications and characterization of structure-activity relationships of products under development protein purification and bio-conjugation processes
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Aptitude to follow complex instructions
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and within a team