13400 E Shea Blvd
Job ID: 11807
- Performs venipuncture, collects blood, and provides appropriate post-care of phlebotomy site.
- Prepares various specimens for analysis while maintaining positive patient identification.
- Performs specimen processing in a safe, accurate, and professional manner.
- Performs order entry; retrieves and verifies patient collection data and patient special notations using appropriate sources.
- Cooperates with coworkers in the completion of assignments and sets priorities for specimen collection.
- Employs standard precautions, infection control, and proper isolation techniques.
- Hours 9-530 Monday-Friday, hours may vary pending the need of the business.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Graduation from an accredited Phlebotomy or Medical Assistant program preferred.
- Must have graduated from an accrediting phlebotomy or medical assistant program and/or a current certification from AMT or ASCP.
- Must have 1+ year of experience with phlebotomy and/or specimen processing.
- Familiarity with lifespan growth and development, basic anatomy, physiology, and basic medical terminology.
- Above average communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to deal effectively with people in stressful situations. Ability to learn and utilize multiple computer systems.
- Experience in a clinical pathology environment preferred