1925 Woodwinds Drive Woodbury, MN 55125
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Phlebotomist professionals in Woodbury, MN! If interested please email Ashley at email@example.com
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards. * Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements. * Performs specimen collection to ensure the accurate and appropriate performance of patient testing while maintaining patient dignity, comfort and confidentiality. * Ensures that correct patient ID is carried out through all stages of sample collection and processing. * Assesses, identifies and addresses the special needs of pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients. Utilizes appropriate phlebotomy equipment per patient type and difficulty. * Performs specimen processing to ensure the accurate and appropriate performance of patient testing (where applicable). * Performs computer and clerical functions accurately to ensure accurate test ordering and reporting of patient results. * Communicates errors to immediate supervisor or designee and completes appropriate section on Quality Event forms when errors are found. * Performs and documents maintenance and troubleshooting procedures on laboratory equipment.
- Skills:Essential: Attention to Detail: Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task. Computer Skills Basic: Ability to use a computer and applications that are associated with performing basic work tasks (navigate in Windows, Outlook, etc). Interpersonal Communication: Skilled in developing effective rapport with customers, co-workers, or families, actively listening to develop a positive connection. Patient Safety: Demonstrates practices that support safety with recognition of variations in populations served, preventing harm to patients, families, employees, and themselves. Problem Solving: Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; utilizes appropriate tools and staff resources along with sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Education:Education Essential: * Trade or Vocational Certification Trade or vocational certification in Phlebotomy or equivalent combination of education and experience Credentials Preferred: Description: Certified Phlebotomist (PBT) Qualification Source: American Society for Clinical Pathology Experience: No experience required. Knowledge: May need to have current valid driver's license and access to reliable transportation.
- 0530-1400, Every other weekend
- 4 days a week/32 hours-full time
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work