606 24th Ave. S. Minneapolis, Minnesota 55454
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Phlebotomist professionals in Minneapolis, MN!
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
- Working with diverse populations within a healthcare environment, the Laboratory Care Technician plays an important role in providing quality, proficient and professional services in keeping with our Values as they interact with our patients, families and co-workers. The LCT performs laboratory specimen collection at various outreach locations, as well as, provides for safe and secure specimen handling and point of care testing. Responsible for accurately entering orders and collection information into the Laboratory Information System and associated subsystems; monitoring computer logs for incomplete work; scheduling tests/procedures and providing results in LIS/HIS and over the phone, the LCT's attention to detail and accuracy are the foundation for our providing quality laboratory services. Working as an individual or team member, the LCT continuously works towards providing quality service improvement and optimum support to the department and team members in achievingour goals.
Follows established guidelines to obtain specimens and perform procedures.
• Obtains blood specimens for all identified patient populations.
• Performs phlebotomy at various sites and communicates special handling needs of the specimen.
• Uses appropriate communications skills to meet patient/family and other customer needs.
• Demonstrates proficiency with point care testing.
• May perform EKG’s.
• May train others in phlebotomy skills.
• Ensures specimens are acceptable for testing including properly identified.
• Processes specimens prior to testing or sending to reference labs.
• Performs daily quality control, troubleshooting and equipment maintenance.
• Monitors inventory, ordering and restocking supplies.
- High school diploma/GED and completion of a formal phlebotomy education program with didactic and clinical components; Completion of an accredited Phlebotomy School/Course (an original transcript or certification of completion must be provided at the time of the interview).
• Initial or proof of existing certification and receipt of phlebotomy certification. .
• Completion of Phlebotomy Certification
- 8 hour shifts, 5 days/week
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work