39000 Bob Hope Dr. Rancho Mirage, California 92270
Job Objective: A brief overview of the position.
• Performs a variety of duties necessary to generate accurate and timely processing of paychecks, productivity reports, deduction reports and tax reports. Performs other duties as assigned.
Specific Skills, Knowledge, Abilities Required
1. Type 35-40 wpm, Excel, 10-key calculator and good knowledge of computerized payroll systems.
2. Good communication skills. Patience and calm, friendly disposition for dealing with complaints.
3. Must not be visually disabled and able to sit at a desk for extended periods of time.
4. Read, write and speak English fluently. Spanish a plus.
1. Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and report suspected violations.
2. Review Time and Attendance entries, and code, batch and enter time card data.
3. Proofread and coordinate the correction of timekeeping entries on line.
4. Calculate and write special checks for shortages, terminations, etc.
5. Reconcile deduction reports and request checks, bonds, TSA, etc.
6. Respond to requests for verification of employment and subpoenas.
7. Investigate and explain discrepancies on pay vouchers and productivity reports.
8. Coordinate state disability and sick time for leave of absence.
9. Coordinate and process garnishments with employees and outside agencies.
10. Coordinate the printing, sealing and distribution of paychecks.
11. Operate all office equipment and computer programs to complete the payroll process.
12. During manager’s absence, absorbs all duties required to continue operating the department in an efficient and productive manner.
13. Distributes incoming mail and maintains department filing.
14. Assists in special projects and system testing.
15. Maintains professional and courteous relationships within the payroll department to foster teamwork.
16. The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Hospital-Wide Supporting Commitments
1. Completes annual health, safety, compliance reviews and any department/hospital specific requirements within the expected timeframe.
2. Corrects and/or reports any unsafe conditions to extension 4759 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Adheres to hospital and department safety and compliance policies and procedures.
4. Understands the importance of immediately reporting on-the-job injuries online and to your supervisor.
5. Wears identification badge at all times ensuring it can be read.
• CLINICAL/PROFESSIONAL EXCELLENCE
0. Accepts responsibility for own work; develops trust and credibility with peers, supervisors & customers.
1. Maintains sound judgment and reasoning; analyzes problems or procedures & selects correct course of action.
2. Treats co-workers as teammates; accepts/supports team decisions and the roles of others.
3. Monitors own work to ensure quality; participates in continuous quality improvement.
4. Engages in opportunities to learn and grow by participating in training and educational programs.
0. Acknowledges each person in a friendly contact & offers assistance as needed.
1. Provides an enhanced level of service by taking immediate action in addressing customer requests, needs, and concerns.
2. Uses pleasant/appropriate tone and positive verbal/nonverbal/written communication at all times.
3. Answers telephone by identifying department and name; and asks “How may I help you?”
4. Treats everyone with courtesy and respect, not making excuses nor blaming other employees or departments; works together to improve customer service.
• HEALING ENVIRONMENT
0. Maintains a professional image and a clean, orderly environment that portrays an overall image of excellence.
1. Promotes a culture of healing by creating a quiet, calm, pleasant and cheerful environment.
2. Demonstrates compassion when dealing with difficult situations & takes initiative to resolve.
3. Creates a positive environment by not engaging in inappropriate communication.
4. Demonstrates a positive, can-do attitude and embraces the culture of performance excellence.
0. Adheres to all hospital, division and departmental policies and procedures.
1. Balances individual/team responsibilities to produce more efficiently. Helps others during slow periods.
2. Adheres to all rules & standards around productivity, timeliness, overtime, & meal/rest periods.
3. Provides helpful, courteous, timely, and accurate responses to all individuals & pays attention to detail.
4. Makes a concerted effort to conserve hospital resources, i.e. electricity, supplies, water.