Voca Health has an opportunity for a Patient Appointment Scheduling Coordinator with our client in Rochester, MN. Interested candidates will reach out to Jon Burckhardt at JBurckhardt@myvoca.com, direct line 347.293.2564.
- Interacts with patients and/or referring physicians to schedule appropriate appointments or provide other information/services as needed.
- Provide customer service and administrative support to patients.
- Independently recognizes, interprets, and evaluates medical conditions and their level of urgency.
- Maintains regular contact with medical specialty areas (physicians, secretaries, and administrators) as needed as part of the patient care team to ensure quality-scheduling services.
- This would be a great fit for a Patient Service Coordinator, Front Desk Scheduling Coordinator, or a Patient Care Coordinator.
- HS Diploma or GED required,
- Associate's degree preferred or two years of medical appointment scheduling experience in a healthcare facility.
- Successful completion of a medical terminology course or at least 2 years of medical terminology use required.
- 3-5 years' telephone and customer service experience required, such as a call center, physician's office, as an appointment scheduler, etc.
- Candidates must be able to type 40 wpm.
Voca is a relationship organization focused on uniting talented individuals with exceptional companies. At Voca, we strongly believe that a better career results in a happier you, and we are therefore dedicated to help guide people on a career path that fulfills their passion and purpose.