Patient Registration Representative
870 Grand Avenue St. Paul, Minnesota 55105
Voca has an immediate opening available for a Patient Registration Representative in St. Paul, MN! Interested candidates will reach out to Duncan Kell firstname.lastname@example.org, direct line 952-303-8120
Job Description:* Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
* Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements.
* Obtains information to conduct registration and pre-registration of patients. Updates patient demographic and health insurance information and verifies insurance eligibility.
* Provides information to patients regarding Patients Bill of Rights, Notice of Privacy Practices per the state of MN and federal regulations. Provides Important Letter to Medicare/Tricare for appropriate patients according to HCFA regulations and department policy. Provides Admission Authorization form and receives signatures on all forms as needed.
* Answers multiple phone lines, takes calls from patients, family members, physicians, other hospital staff and external customers. Triage phone calls in a timely and professional manner.
* Maintains bed control functions and assists clinical staff with the discharge function as requested.
* Copies, faxes, and prints documents. Sorts incoming and outgoing mail.
* Enters deceased patient information into the Death Record Log.
* Assists with new employee training as delegated by the Patient Registration Manager.
* Works shifts as directed, demonstrating flexibility with vacation/holiday coverage and to support the operations of a 24 hours a day, 7 day a week department.
* High school graduate or equivalent. Associate's degree preferred.
Voca | Senior Recruiter
d 952-303-8120 m 507-424-9127
Voca: The Spirit of Work
Voca is a relationship organization focused on uniting talented individuals with exceptional companies. At Voca, we strongly believe that a better career results in a happier you, and we are therefore dedicated to help guide people on a career path that fulfills their passion and purpose.