Voca Health has immediate openings available for Patient Care Assistant (PCA) professionals in Phoenix, AZ!
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
- The Patient Care Assistant (PCA) assists nursing staff with delegated tasks of direct and indirect patient care which support and complement nursing practice under the supervision of a registered nurse.
- At a minimum, the PCA carries out designated skills that are within those functions of a certified nursing assistant, as defined by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- The incumbent must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development through the life span and appropriately interpret information relative to the patient's age-specific needs.
- The PCA communicates data reflective of the patient's status and delegated tasks and/or functions.
- The incumbent works flexible hours, which may include days, evenings, nights, holidays, and weekends.
- Inpatient hospital experience required.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required. Graduation from a vocational program for nursing assistants preferred.
- Ability to adapt to unpredictable situations within the patient care setting.
- Relevant experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills preferred.
- PCA's in the Inpatient Neurology Unit must be able to perform all duties in the Epilepsy monitoring unit.
- Basic Life Support certification is required.
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) credential preferred and may be required per specialty unit guidelines.
- Arizona Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) credential is required for Inpatient Float Pool unit.
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work