Patient Admitting Specialist
39000 Bob Hope Dr. Rancho Mirage, CA 92270
Voca has an immediate opening available for a Patient Admitting Rep in Rancho Mirage, CA!
- The position is responsible for ensuring that all patients have an accurate and comprehensive registration and scheduling experience whether through the front desk or call center access points.
- This position reports to the Access Manager.
- Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and report suspected violations.
- Identifies patients by using proper method of retrieving patient history/information, avoiding creation of duplicate Medical Records for additional patient visits.
- Verifies and accurately enters and updates patient information while registering as per departmental guidelines.
- Reviews insurance eligibility, updates with accurate information obtained from the health plan and releases the insurance based upon verification process.
- Identifies and collects co-pays/deductibles based on insurance eligibility information and/or uninsured Cash Discount quotes.
- Provides patient with receipt of payment.
- Ensures that all patient access paperwork, as per organizational policies, including patient HIPAA regulation information, patient require signatures and forms that are necessary for service to be completed.
- Performs the Daily Cash Change Drawer Custodian process.
- Prepares all appropriate Medicare Advanced Beneficiary Notice (ABN) and (LMRP) program requirements and completion, including patient notification and signature requirements at time of service (if applicable).
- Requests and scans Insurance cards and other necessary forms of identification.
- Completes the Medicare Screening Form for all Medicare patients and adheres to completion per Medicare requirements.
- Coordinates and assists other staff in ensuring that all patients are registered in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in Healthcare setting and prior Customer Service Experience
- Previous Admitting experience or Insurance related position in the Healthcare field of employment.
- Medical terminology, payment processing, Hospital based Federal Rules, Regulations and procedures, safety practices
- Computer literate in usage of (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Knowledge of general Office equipment.
- Self motivated, self starter, and able to organize efforts around helping patients have a positive experience.
- Skills and strengths in all forms of communications, particularly verbal and written.
- Exercises a high degree of initiative, judgment, and discretion.
- Analyses situations accurately and takes effective action.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships.
- Excellent customer service skills with patients, co-workers and guests.
Voca: The Spirit of Work