Patient Admission Coordinator
205 Kenwood Way South San Francisco, California 94080
Voca has an immediate opening available for a Patient Admissions Coordinator in South San Francisco, CA!
Job Description:The Patient Admissions Coordinator serves in a referral, placement, and coordinator role by initiating the patient intake process, working with referral sources, and obtaining necessary medical information in a timely manner, to enhance the patient admissions experience for patients, referral sources, and centers, through timely communication, coordination with all parties involved, as well as providing transparency and visibility to the admissions process.
This position is responsible for receiving and processing requests for patient admission into centers. The Patient Admissions Coordinator also obtains and enters the pertinent patient data into the database in compliance with assigned area.
• Serves as the primary contact for the initial administration of patient referrals and admission to our Client's Healthcare (SHC) centers; acts as a liaison with the referral sources, centers, patients, and discharge planners; obtains medical information in a timely manner to ensure an expedited and efficient admissions process to a preferred center location
• Uses knowledge of SHC, patient, and referral source locations for proper placement
• Responsible for following the patient admission process according to business practices; communicates to appropriate parties according to the established procedures and in compliance with all regulatory requirements
• Collects all data or packet for admissions according to SHC policy to ensure efficient processing of admissions, including insurance and other financial information; completes the preliminary paperwork and standard admissions forms including assisting with collection and documentation of comorbid information
• Obtains necessary approvals to ensure the efficient processing of admissions data according to SHC policies and procedures
• Utilizes appropriate systems to ensure accuracy, tracking, and reporting
• Coordinates internally with Intake/Authorizations and Business Development to establish appropriate placement of patients
• Follows up in a timely manner, and escalates urgent needs such as admissions denials from centers or billing groups to management as needed
• Communicates in a timely manner with individual centers based on admissions and prompt scheduling processes
• Collaborates with center staff and other internal departments to effectively to resolve issues impacting a patient’s admissions process
• Recommends updates or changes to the admission criteria, policy, and procedure
• Responsible for driving our Client's Healthcare culture through values and customer service standards
• Maintains effective and professional relationships with all referral sources by providing outstanding customer service
• Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication
• Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner
The essential functions listed are not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. All employees must work in accordance with our Client's I-CARE Standards. Employees must abide by all Client's standards of patient care, patient’s rights and ethical treatment, and adhere to safety and quality programs.
• High School Diploma required; Associate’s Degree preferred; and Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
• One (1) year of related experience in a fast paced healthcare environment
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Familiarity with contract and network benefits
• Excellent customer service, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrates professionalism
• Detail oriented with data entry proficiency
• Working knowledge of standard Office applications
• Ability to adapt to change and support new policies and procedures in a positive manner
• Able to read, write, speak, understand and satisfactorily communicate with others in English in person, over the phone and via email
Voca: The Spirit of Work