6401 France Ave S Edina, MN 55435
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Pathologist Assistant professionals in Edina, MN!
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
- Under the general direction of a pathologist or designee, assists in all aspects of anatomic pathology.
- Describes and prosects surgical specimens and prepares such specimens for histological examination.
- Obtains appropriate blocks of tissue for microscopic evaluation and describes findings.
- Oversees operation of specimen grossing.
- Dissect and dictate gross surgical specimens; select tissue samples for various types of analysis (e.g. flow cytometry, tissue culture, immunofluorescence, etc.); review dictations for accuracy.
- Ensures block labeling, block counts, and processing of grossed samples are exact and any discrepancies are addressed and communicated to the supervisor promptly.
- Ensures samples received are handled according to policy and assists gross room staff with sample handling questions.
- Assist in preparation of frozen sections and cytology slides (touch preps, smears, and specimen fine needle aspirations) for Pathologist’s interpretation, as needed.
- Oversee anatomic pathology records, cross-indexes and retrieve data via computer.
- Maintains a clean and decluttered grossing workstation.
- Communicate inventory needs of gross room, frozen section laboratory, and supplies on a timely basis.
- Ensure supplies, equipment, and human resources are used properly and economically.
- Implement and monitor compliance with practice policy and procedures for gross room, and frozen section laboratory.
- Graduate of a Masters Pathologists’ Assistant program from an NCCLS accredited institution.
- Must pass the certification exam given by the American Association of Pathologists’ Assistants (AAPA) within two years of graduation.
- Pathologist Assistant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Masters (Preferred)
- License: PA(ASCP) (Required)
- ASCP Certification (American Society for Clinical Pathology)
- Bachelor's Degree required
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work