PACU RN - Travel or Local
2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis, MN 55454
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Travel or local Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) Registered Nurse (RN) professionals in Minneapolis, MN!
Voca connects Travel Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, LPNs, CNAs, and other clinical professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our travelers, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help our travelers reach their individual goals. Voca provides travelers a variety of benefits including insurance, vacation, referral bonuses, and dedicated support for active travelers.
Assignment details are provided below, we’re excited to hear from you. Interested travelers (or local candidates!) will reach out to Voca at firstname.lastname@example.org, 507-288-5260.
- PACU RNs provide care to patients recovering from anesthesia. They monitor vital signs after surgery and stabilize the patient as they become conscious. They also help manage pain for the patients.
- There are two phases in the PACU.
- Phase I PACU is where patients are sent immediately after surgery. The average stay here is one hour. Patients are kept here until any breathing issues are remedied and vital signs are stabilized. Once pain is under control and they are mostly awake, they will be sent to another unit in the hospital to recover, or if they are an outpatient, they will go to Phase II PACU.
- Phase II PACU has patients rest in a chair, usually have a small snack and walk up and down the hallway. From here they are discharged and sent home. Some PACU RNs will also assist and prep the patient before surgery.
- • Knowledge of anesthetic agents, techniques, actions and interactions
• Ability to recognize and treat arrythmia
• Current knowledge of narcotic analgesics and cardiovascular drugs.
• Computer application abilities
• Nursing theory and practice
• Patient assessment and critical thinking skills
• Nursing Care planning skills
• Patient and Family education skills
• Physiologic and psychological responses to sedation/analgesic and anesthetic agents and techniques
• Demonstrates proficiency in PICIS system
• Knowledge of ASPAN standards of care
• Knowledge of intravenous medications including adverse rx and interventions for complications to narcotics and sedations
• Critical thinking skills
• Knowledge and skills related to technology
• Knowledge and skills related to rhythm interpretation, EKG interpretation and management of dysrhythmias
• Knowledge and skills related to managing patients with PA catheters, arterial lines, ventilators
• Knowledge and ability to use effective communication strategies
- Monday-Friday rotating days/evenings.
- • Minimum one year experience as RN in a Med/Surg unit
• Prefer periop or critical care experience
• Requires ability to provide written validation of current ACLS, PALS, and BLS
• Basic EKG Class
• Current Minnesota RN licensure
• BSN preferred
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Paid Vacation Program
- Paid Time Off Program
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
- Generous Housing Stipends
- Housing Location Assistance
- Excellent Referral Bonuses
Voca: The Spirit of Work