177 East County Road B St. Paul, MN 55117
Voca has an immediate opening available for an Operator I in St. Paul, MN!
- This is a non-exempt position.
- This position is responsible for the production of high quality medical devices within a manufacturing cell.
- Working under close supervision, may perform a combination of assembly, repair, and test operations on pacemakers, implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs), leads, and related medical device assemblies.
- Performs routine assignments according to specified and/or standardized procedures.
- Work is closely and continually reviewed.
- Ensure that relevant job documentation for cell operations and functions is accurate and up to date.
- Be able to clearly communicate ideas, problems and solutions to all levels of manufacturing management in both written and oral form.
- Maintain a positive attitude when interacting with internal customers and external customers such as tours.
- Follow safety guidelines and utilize appropriate safety devices when performing all operations.
- Participate in continuous improvement/quality initiatives in order to enhance production processes to achieve quality and profitability metrics.
- Maintain accurate records to ensure traveler and quality documents are accurate, all parts are traceable and quality issues can be addressed to assure the quality of all products. Demonstrates a basis understanding of Lean Manufacturing.
- Participate with the Manufacturing Supervisor/Manager in setting and monitoring individual goals and cell performance metrics that continuously seek to improve the quality of operations.
- Support all Divisional initiatives as identified by divisional management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements
- HS Diploma or GED
- Ability to read, comprehend, and follow written procedures; understand and follow verbal instructions - Understanding of and ability to utilize electronic data collection systems and computer software packages.
- Ability to prioritize work by determining the sequencing and timing of different jobs based on precedence and importance.
- Ability to handle and maneuver small components and parts.
- Ability to make critical decisions and judgments with minimal supervision.
Voca: The Spirit of Work