Operational Data Management and Reporting
Dallas, Texas 75234
- Will be expected to understand analytic specifications and translate these specifications into Tibco Spotfire visualizations and or underlying code.
- Create ad hoc, weekly, and monthly reports using Tibco Spotfire to deliver integrated reporting and analytic services for leadership.
- Will leverage their knowledge to write and execute complex SQL and SPL in a variety of DB systems.
- Provide accurate and detailed operational reporting to facilitate the needs of ELOA Labs and EOA Supply Chain.
- Evaluate existing and future SQL statements to minimize system impact of data extracts. In this role the candidate will be provided a continual learning experience in all aspects of lab systems operations and integration and field support activities.
- Work as part of a team responsible for systems support and improvements that will increase profitability, efficiency and flexibility of the ELOA lab network.
- Work with stakeholders to define and assimilate requirements to design and architect client Spotfire reporting and measurement solution(s).
- Develop re-usable self-service Spotfire reports and visualizations for reporting and analytical use by lab operations, marketing, sales, and customer support teams.
- Provide systems support, know-how, and technical expertise to support lab goals and imperatives and maximize system improvement opportunities.
- Work within the Systems Improvement Team to create an environment of trust where system developments and enhancements are adopted and integrated into current working practices, and where systems and technologies are fully utilized.
- Work to achieve expertise in data content and structure across multiple platforms to facilitate the extraction and utilization of lab operations data.
- These platforms include: Optifacts LMS (Informix) E-Link EOR (MS SQL) OBIEE (Oracle DB) Salesforce.com Support the Systems Improvement Team to meet Operational Excellence objectives defined below through the utilization of current systems and the decimalization of operational data/reports: Service – Turn-time, Service Level, and Late Jobs Quality – Breakage and Redo’s Unit Cost – Finishing, Coating, Transportation Continuous Improvement Ensure a well maintained and robust environment that meets current and future business needs by identifying areas of opportunity for Continuous Improvement. Preparation of functional requirements that will deliver lab defined enhancements to meet business needs. Define and capture the metrics to measure the impact and success of these improvements. Project Support .
- Gather user requirements needed for new data/report evaluation.
- Participate in the definition, evaluation, development, and deployment of new reports and reporting solutions.
- Process mapping to identify potential impact and risk areas.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Decision Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related field.
- Proficient in Tibco Spotfire development including Information designer and custom Python scripting.
- Strong ability to understand analytic specifications, translate specifications into TIBCO Spotfire visualizations and or underlying code.
- Proficient in SQL/SPL Familiar with OBIEE, MSSQL MS, and Salesforce.com.
- Familiar with Shell and/or Perl in a Linux environment. Familiar with R, Python, and/or Java programming languages.
- Fully proficient in MS Office Suite, especially Excel. Solid data mining skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fluid work environment being able to adapt rapidly and efficiently to changing priorities.
- Dedication to improving the performance of EOA Labs through effective information delivery.
- Business Intelligence experience in data collection, management, and metrics.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and communication skills in both business and IT environments Knowledge of the Lens Rx business a plus.