OR RN - Travel or Local
7601 Osler Dr Towson, Maryland 21204
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Travel or local Operating Room (OR) Registered Nurse (RN) professionals in Towson, MD!
Voca connects Travel Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, LPNs, CNAs, and other clinical professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our travelers, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help our travelers reach their individual goals. Voca provides travelers a variety of benefits including insurance, vacation, referral bonuses, and dedicated support for active travelers.
Assignment details are provided below, we’re excited to hear from you. Interested travelers (or local candidates!) will reach out to Rod Spencer at email@example.com, 507-246-2601.
- Duties of an OR RN are twofold. Some RNs can circulate and scrub, but some only do one or the other.
- A Scrub RN prepares the OR for the patient: sets up tools and makes sure the area is sterile for surgery. They also assist the surgical team with their masks, gowns, and gloves. They’ll often aid the physician by passing instruments. After surgery they clear away the tools and prep the patient for transport to the recovery room.
- The Circulating OR RN works the perimeter of the surgical area inspecting equipment, double checking the patient’s identity and getting proper consent forms. The Circ RN also assists the anesthesiologist with the patient and works with the surgeon regarding any special concerns or needs that could affect the patient’s care. An RNFA watches for complications and monitors the patient’s vital signs, alerting the physician to any changes. Performs CPR and controls bleeding when applicable. RNFAs also suture (stitch) wounds and apply dressings and bandages.
- General Operating Room
- 247 bed facility with 12 OR's
- OR does all general services as well as liver/kidney transplants, thoracic, vascular, and endo vascular services.
- 2 - 5 years' OR RN experience required
- 2 previous travel assignments required
- 9pm - 7am
- RN License, BLS required
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Paid Vacation Program
- Paid Time Off Program
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
- Generous Housing Stipends
- Housing Location Assistance
- Excellent Referral Bonuses
Voca | Manager of Healthcare Recruiting
Voca: The Spirit of Work