Voca Professional has immediate openings available for Medical Secretary professionals in Red Wing, MN!
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
- The Ward Clerk performs a variety of clerical functions to support the provider and patient care staff.
- The Ward Clerk is responsible for assisting in prior authorizations, maintaining accurate provider schedules, appointment scheduling process, scheduling of department surgeries and procedures.
- Ensures patient medical records and reports are available; builds appointment template, answers department phones, orders office supplies, prepares needed forms and performs other duties as assigned.
- Clerical computer work to support the Ambulatory care team.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Detail oriented and a great team player.
- Data entry into computer.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years related Health care/Secretarial experience
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Initiative to follow through with patient request.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel software Medical Terminology knowledge.
- Knowledge of insurance and coding systems.
- Knowledge of appropriate communication systems and office equipment.
- Knowledge of EPIC/Cadence software programs.
- Ability to block/unblock provider schedules.
- Knowledge of patient scheduling guidelines.
- Knowledge of interpreter and special need services.
- Knowledge of documentation/information to provide to patient for follow-up treatment and testing.
- Knowledge of chart filing and tracking system, both paper chart and electronic record.
- Knowledge of organization medical record request process.
- Knowledge of computer ordering process.
- Ability to use computer hardware/software, other office equipment including pneumatic tube system.
- Preferred: Completion of Health Unit Coordinator program. Preferred: Three to five years related Health care/Secretarial experience. Preferred: HUC certification.
- Monday through Friday 8-5pm.
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work