Medical Receptionist / Telephone Operator
4500 San Pablo Rd Jacksonville, Florida 32224
Voca has an immediate opening available for a Medical Receptionist / Telephone Operator in Jacksonville, FL.
Apply Now or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Shift including weekends. Full time 40-hour work week, including weekends and several holidays. Training takes approximately 3 months and eventual schedule will be 2nd
- Training will start with 1st shift including weekends and gradually will advance to permanent shift over the approximate 3-month training period. Must be flexible with time in order to work days/weekends shifting down to afternoons/evenings during training. Days off may vary during training period.
- Specific hours for the (training) first shift are Tues, Wed, Thur, Fri 7:30a-4:00p, Sat 7a-3p, off Sun and Mon – after approx 2 months - same days just after hours training 12:00p-8:30p
- Specific hours once completely trained – Mon, Tue, Wed 2:00p-10:30p, Sat and Sun 1p-9p with Thurs/Fri off
Job Description:The Telephone Operator is responsible for processing all incoming calls from patients, visitors, clinic staff, administrative staff, support staff and the general public. The Operator operates the paging systems for authorized personnel over a, public address system, emergency voice pagers and display priority pagers. Operator processes emergency procedures for the, utilizes and updates an electronic directory database, web site, and other reference material for effective distribution of information and calls. The Operator assists all callers in a polite, articulate, professional, and clear manner. Ability to search phonetically in a database is required. Responsibilities and tasks can be repetitive and persistent, but must be supported in a courteous manner through the duration of a full shift. Operator must be able to accurately process a high rate of telephone calls over an extended period of time. Because the Telecommunications Center is operational 24 hours a day, shift 1, 2 and 3 training is required of all Telephone Operators.
(Education Requirements and Experience):
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.).
- Computer and keyboarding experience is required.
- Applicant must have multi-phone line experience.
- Applicant must possess a high level of concentration, memory retention, and attention to detail.
- Applicant is required to have a minimum of 2 years customer service experience.
- Applicant must display competency of the following skills: spoken communication, interaction and versatility, decision making and problem solving, coping, commitment to task, tolerance of ambiguity, decisiveness, alertness and perceptivity.
- Accuracy is necessary as well as the ability to think and respond quickly in stressful or emergency situations.
- Strong communications skills, the ability to work both with a team and independently are required.
- Physical requirements include the ability to do the following: view a computer monitor and read newsprint font style and size, hear in both ears, sit at a computer desk, work in varying light levels and perform repetitive upper body motions for an eight hour shift.
Voca: The Spirit of Work