Medical Lab Tech
606 24th Ave. S. Minneapolis, Minnesota 55454
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Medical Lab Tech professionals in Minneapolis, MN!
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
- The Medical Laboratory Technician performs waived, moderate or high complexity testing as defined by CLIA'88. The (MLT) possesses working knowledge of the clinical laboratory and performs routine clinical laboratory analyses, recognizes problems, identifies basic causes, and makes corrections using established protocols. The MLT correlates data based on knowledge of technical and instrumental conditions affecting test results and performs quality control procedures within established parameters. The MLT collaborates with the customers of the laboratory to promote customer satisfaction. The MLT works independently under general supervision.
Follows established guidelines to obtain specimens and prioritize work
? Obtains specimens from patients of all ages and degrees of physical and/or mental disability.
? Properly verifies patient identity.
? Assesses integrity of all specimens for testing.
? Verifies correct identification of specimens before testing.
? Follows established guidelines for determining priority of specimen testing and procurement.
Performs waived, moderate or high complexity testing as defined by CLIA '88.
? Demonstrates working knowledge of the clinical laboratory and performs routine clinical laboratory analyses,
? Works independently under general supervision.
? Operates laboratory instrumentation and information systems according to written procedures.
? Completes specified maintenance on instruments.
Recognizes problems and takes appropriate measures to resolve them.
? Identifies basic causes of problems and makes corrections using established protocols
? Initiates proper safety or emergency responses.
? Obtains assistance from supervisor or others if unable to resolve issues.
Evaluates testing results for accuracy and appropriate intervention.
? Determine if test results fall within normal parameters and reporting protocols. Recognizes age-specific reference ranges
? Assesses the validity of the test results in relation to clinical conditions or technical factors.
? Takes appropriate action to recheck abnormal, discrepant, or unexpected results.
? Directly communicates abnormal and critical results to care giver.
Complies with Laboratory Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement, and Laboratory Compliance Programs.
• Documents deviations and action taken.
• Documents reagent, test kit and calibrator checks.
• Recognizes and communicates values that exceed the QC decision levels.
• Reports unresolved QC trends to supervisor.
• Complies with laboratory procedures needed for regulatory compliance.
- Prefer a minimum of one year experience as MLT.
Good phlebotomy skills. Demonstrates the ability to work under stress in a variety of situations. Ability to exercise independent judgment. Demonstrates manual dexterity. Willingness to work at other sites preferred
Education:Graduate from a Medical Technician program (2 yr.) with an Associate Degree in clinical laboratory science which
includes the completion of a clinical internship or equivalent routes as specified in CLIA.
Applicant should possess or be eligible to receive appropriate HHS approved laboratory certification (ASCP, or
AMT). If not certified at the time of hire, must obtain certification within 1 year of eligibility/hire.
- M-F, 40hrs/week
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work