Grand Rapids, Michigan 49503
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Remote Medical Editor professionals! Interested candidates will reach out to Jamie Brough at email@example.com, direct line 952 303 8115.
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
- The Medical Editor will directly support the research mission of our client by providing editorial expertise in a variety of projects: grant applications; scientific reports; abstracts for national meetings; journal submissions to peer reviewed publications including descriptive observational study reports, as well as scientific medical papers.
- The Medical Editor will evaluate the effectiveness of presentation and recommend changes in wording, approach, and data display, correcting errors in grammar, nomenclature, spelling, usage, etc., making substantive changes as necessary.
- Consultation with authors regarding flow of ideas, logic, and completeness of manuscripts and grant proposals as well as with biostatisticians regarding data analysis and presentation will be required in this role.
- Required Qualifications
- Three (3) years of experience as a scientific editor.
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences or related degree.
- Experience with submitting scientific manuscripts or grant proposals
- Ability to comprehend and manage complex scientific information.
- Knowledge of experimental design and statistical principles.
- Previous experience with submission to scientific publication and granting organizations.
- Ability to work collaboratively with authors, scientists and biostatisticians.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Master’s degree or Ph.D.
- Experience in the healthcare/medical/pharmaceutical industry as editor.
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work