Medical Billing Commercial Collector
39000 Bob Hope Dr Rancho Mirage, CA 92270
Voca has an immediate opening available for a Medical Billing Cash Poster in Rancho Mirage, CA.
Apply Now or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
$15/hr pay rate
M-F 8-5 office schedule
Health, dental, vision benefits available
3+ month contract with potential for extension or conversion to permanent position
Exceptional experience with an exceptional healthcare organization
- One year prior experience in a hospital setting OR a billing certification (experience in a clinic, payer or collection agency setting may be substituted).
- Must have working knowledge of managed care, Medicare/Medi-Cal Billing regulations.
- Some college preferred.
- Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and report suspected violations.
- Manages new accounts, on a daily basis, by working within Receivables Workstation. Interfaces with other departments within the hospital, when appropriate, to obtain information necessary to process or resolve claims. Contacts patient and/or account guarantor to solicit payment on account.
- Works all accounts listed in the Follow-Up cue, on a daily basis to promote collection of accounts. This will include telephoning the payer or identifying the claim on the payers’ Internet websites.
- Manages entire account inventory on a timely basis to promote payment and resolution of all accounts as instructed by management.
- Responsible for staying current on all payer requirements by reading bulletins, reviewing provider handbooks, accessing websites, etc.
- Process incoming correspondence, including signature letters, denials, prior authorizations and additional information necessary to process the claim.
- Records newly identified insurance plans and facilitate the account processing of new plan in accordance with pre-billing policies and procedures.
- Records accurate and definitive notes in the electronic account file that depict the current status of account, issues with account and anticipated date of resolution.
- Escalates account management to Supervisor when extraordinary issues arise.
- Assigns a status codes to each worked account to enable account tracking, statistical data gathering and audit activities.
- Manages new credit balance accounts every day and prepares adjustments or refunds to zero the account balance.
- Handle special projects as directed by management e.g. high dollar accounts, accounts over 180 days old, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Voca: The Spirit of Work