3303 SW Bond Ave Portland, OR 97239
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Medical Assistant professionals in Portland,OR!
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
- This position will be primarily be responsible for addressing patient concerns that come in on the phone and through an EMR (EPIC) messaging system. This position will be responsible for communicating care recommendations from nursing and MD staff to patients. This position will need to possess a high level of customer service abilities and be good at problem solving and escalation. This position will have rare face to face patient interaction but MAY be responsible for rooming clinic patients 1-3 hrs per week.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Patient Care. Assists in admission process by recording patients name, address, phone number, age, and other personal information; takes and records vital signs such as blood pressure, pulse rate, respiration rate, and temperature; makes appointment for patient or refers patient to medical staff for immediate examination or treatment; transports patient to examination or treatment room with use of wheelchair or gurney or assists patient to walk; assists patient in undressing; assists physician with treatment or examination by passing instruments, applying or removing bandages and dressings, holding patient in proper position for x-rays or electrocardiograph, or collecting specimens; gives enemas, administers oral or injectable medication under close supervision of physician; observes and reports changes in patient’s conditions; assists physician in emergency procedures such as cardiopulmonary resuscitation; assists physician in office surgeries.
2. Facility Maintenance. Removes used and un-sterile supplies and instruments from examination or treatment rooms; stocks rooms with sterile supplies and instruments; washes and sterilizes instruments or sends to central supply for sterilization; takes inventory of supplies, equipment, and instruments; orders supplies or requisitions them through unit superior.
3. Miscellaneous. Answers phones, and responds to non-medical questions; files and retrieves patient’s records; runs errands such as delivering specimens to labs, picking up x-rays or lab reports, or picking up medication at pharmacy; transports equipment such as oxygen tanks to other locations within facility.
- AAMA board-certified or board-eligible Medical Assistant.
Completion of a medical assistant program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES), including a practicum (externship) of at least 160 hours, OR successful completion of a formal medical services training program of the United States Armed Forces.
Demonstration of MA experience in a medium to high volume clinic setting.
Basic math skills; working knowledge and understanding of medical terminology; Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Strong customer service orientation. Demonstrated problem solving and negotiation skills in resolving patient concerns. Detail oriented; ability to prioritize and multi-task; excellent written and verbal communication, professional appearance. Strong computer skills, knowledge and experience. Must have a positive attitude and be a team player.
Current BLS certification at hire. Employees must maintain AAMA or AMT certification throughout their MA career.
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work