3033 SW Bond Ave Portland, OR 97239
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Medical Assistant professionals in Portland, OR! If you are interested, please send your resume to Elizabeth "Izzy" Merrill at email@example.com and call directly at 952-303-8123.
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
- The Medical Assistant assists care providers in the care and treatment of patients at a medical facility by performing simple procedures and treatments.
- Work is performed in various locations throughout a medical facility such as examination rooms and treatment rooms
- Assists in admission process by recording patients name, address, phone number, age, and other personal information
- takes and records vital signs such as blood pressure, pulse rate, respiration rate, and temperature
- makes appointment for patient or refers patient to medical staff for immediate examination or treatment
- transports patient to examination or treatment room with use of wheelchair or gurney or assists patient to walk
- assists patient in undressing
Job Specific Details
- Monday – Friday
- $17.50 – 20/ Hour
- AAMA Board-Certified or Board-Eligible Medical Assistant
- Demonstration of MA experience in a medium to high volume clinic setting.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
- Demonstrated problem solving and negotiation skills in resolving patient concerns.
- Current BLS certification
- Completion of a medical assistant program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) AND a practicum (externship) of at least 160 hours
- Completion of a medical assistant program accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) AND a practicum (externship) of at least 160 hours
- Successful completion of a formal medical services training program of the United States Armed Forces.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work