St. Paul, MN 55104
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements.
- Processes orders to meet customer expectations and requirements using appropriate purchasing system (i.e. consignment, department requisitions, etc.).
- Identifies and recommends appropriate ordering system for customer. Trains customer on ordering system
- Monitors purchases to assure supplier compliance with purchase agreements, including specifications, price and delivery.
- Negotiates price, delivery, terms and conditions per department guidelines to maintain quality standards at the lowest cost meeting the customers specifications.
- Awards purchase orders to supplier based on established guidelines. Issues Purchase Orders to approved suppliers.
- Recommends the best source of purchases when applicable by analyzing specifications, costs, delivery, supplier capabilities and competition.
- Interacts with Materials Management staff, customers, and Value Analysis Program to ensure that activities meet the expectations of the customer, the supplier and are conducted in the best interest of the organization.
- Provides back-up duties for department when necessary to ensure continuation of the department's daily routines.
- Computer Skills Basic: Ability to use a computer and applications that are associated with performing basic work tasks (navigate in Windows, Outlook, etc).
- Interpersonal Communication: Skilled in developing effective rapport with customers, co-workers, or families, actively listening to develop a positive connection.
- Organization: Effective management of projects, deadlines, and work load prioritizing; putting things together in an orderly and functional whole.
- Problem Solving: Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; utilizes appropriate tools and staff resources along with sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
- Written Communication: Ability to organize and express information and ideas in written form to individuals as well as groups. Construct messages that are clear and convincing.
- Bachelor’s Degree