39000 Bob Hope Dr Rancho Mirage, California 92270
- Responsible for producing quality screening and diagnostic mammography films, performing breast ultrasound, assisting radiologist when performing special procedures, DEXA exams, educating patients regarding procedures and accurately documenting procedures completed and procedure codes
- Has current and adequate CEUs per MQSA and state regulatory requirements and remains proficient in using diagnostic equipment.
- Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and report suspected violations.
- Escorts patient from sub-wait area to procedure room.
- Explains procedure to patient prior to beginning exam.
- Obtains appropriate breast and family history before procedure completed.
- Explains comparative film review and has patient sign film release as appropriate.
- Performs appropriate screening procedure or diagnostic procedure.
- Performs breast ultrasounds.
- Assists radiologist when performing special procedures.
- Assists/performs stereotactic core biopsies, ultrasound core biopsies and needle localizations.
- May be required to assist/perform QA/QC.
- Completes all documentation accurately and timely in RadPlus and PenRad.
- Assists radiologist when performing special procedures including ultrasound biopsy, needle locs and stereotactic biopsy.
- Performs bone density screening as requested.
- Maintains cleanliness of all radiology equipment and rooms.
- Performs R2 and screen maintenance, view-box maintenance and other duties as assigned.
- Cross trains to learning all modalities including ultrasound, stereotactic biopsy, localization procedures, etc.
- Clocks in and out using TPS within assigned shift obtaining prior supervisor authorization for any overtime.
- Performs other duties as assigned.