Mammography Technician - Travel
236 San Jose St, Salinas, CA 93901
Voca Health has immediate openings available for a Mammography Technician in Salinas, CA!
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
- Shift: Variable 8 hour days
- Guarantee: 40 hours
- ULTRASOUND-Women's Diagnostic Center
- Tech will be doing bone density scans as well
- Works under the supervision of the Mammo Supervisor and Manager.
- Performs mammograms and bone density.
- Assists Radiologist with needle localization, stereotactic biopsy and galactogram in accordance with Radiation Practice Standards, ACR, MQSA, The Joint Commission and departmental policies.
- Able to perform and/or assist with Quality Assurance activities related to mammography.
- Performs any combination of the primary duties depending on area of assignment.
- Performs mammograms and bone density on a daily basis under facility approved policies and procedures and in accordance with Radiation Practice Standards, ACR, and MQSA.
- Completes requested radiographic and mammographic examinations with a high level of technical quality. Including but not limited to the following:
- Patient identification (check patient wristband), name and medical record number, and proper film !.D., i.e.,
- patient name, proper side markers, etc. Proper patient positioning
- Proper exposure technique
- Proper radiation protection techniques
- Obtains medical history, explains procedures and completes necessary documentation.
- Including but not limited to the following:
- Patient registration and consents
- Assists Radiologist with needle localization, stereotactic biopsy and galactogram in accordance with Radiation Practice Standards, ACR, MQSA and departmental policies, and when training and approved demonstration of correct competencies are complete.
- Obtains or reviews patient's medical history and physician orders prior to performing studies, and notifies appropriate staff of inconsistencies. Explains procedures to patient and completes comprehensive documentation.
- Consistently selects appropriate technical factors from technique charts and operates equipment in accordance with prescribed Radiation Safety Practices.
- Prepares completed mammograms and/or other studies for interpretation in a timely manner (takes exam to close status) including appropriately identified images and all associated forms.
- Able to perform and/or assist with Quality Assurance activities related to mammography and bone density to include, but not limited to Hologic Selenia and AGFA Printer.
- Reports changes in patient's condition to Lead Technologist and/or Radiologist for follow-up. Assists with emergency medical treatment under physician direction.
- Assists with scheduling of patient exams.
- Attends regularly scheduled department meetings and in-services.
- Works closely with Lead Mammography Technologist to meet MQSA standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Patient arrival
- Q.A. and Verify (to include proper modifiers.)
- JOB KNOWLEDGE:
- Demonstrates job knowledge through department competencies for each area of responsibility.
- Assumes responsibility for own actions, including follow-up and completion of tasks in an effective and timely manner.
- Fulfills departmental and Hospital responsibilities including: attending staff meetings as appropriate, reading all meeting minutes and posted communications, participating in departmental performance improvement activities, attending all Hospital and department-specific required in-services, and maintaining au active role in problem solving and resolution.
- Job Specifications:
- Work requires knowledge normally acquired through the completion of a two-year Radiologic Technology training program approved by the AMA
- Current CRT (R) (M) and ARRT (R) registration. New hires or transfers have 12 months to obtain ARRT (M).. BLS/Healthcare Provider status as per American Heart Association standards.
- One (1) year of experience as a licensed mammography technologist, preferred.
- Essential Technical/Motor Skills:
- Knowledge of radiographic equipment and radiation safety (patient and operator). The ability to assist with patient injections and changing dressings requires the usc of fine motor I skills and precise hand/eye coordination.
- Interpersonal Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with patients, public and co-workers. Work requires ability to communicate effectively about complex matters with others who have varying levels of comprehension and knowledge (written and oral).
- Able to complete a typical day's assigned workload within the scheduled shift.
- Able to take on additional procedures during periods of heavy work.
- Uses free time between procedures to maintain a safe work environment, ensure adequate levels of supplies, assist with files and reports, when necessary, and maintain QA for equipment.
- Assumes responsibility for attendance and punctuality in order to promote the efficient operation of the department/Hospital and essential components of solid employee performance.
- Poor attendance and tardiness disrupt productivity and make it difficult to function effectively.
- Each employee shall be responsible for being present at the correct time each day. (See Attendance APM for further details.)
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work