39000 Bob Hope Dr Rancho Mirage, CA 92270
Voca has an immediate opening available for a Maintenance Mechanic in Rancho Mirage, CA! Interested candidates will reach out to Duncan Kell firstname.lastname@example.org, direct line 952-303-8120.
Job Description:Works under the supervision of the Lead Mechanic and Maintenance Supervisor for general work assignments and guidance. Assists in delivering quality, cost-effective healthcare by being responsible for and performing routine repairs and maintenance to non-critical equipment and facilities. Duties to include; repairs to patient equipment, i.e., beds, wheelchairs, gurneys, general building systems, fixtures, equipment furniture, and hardware. Maintain facility within JC AHO, OSHA, Department of Health and all regulatory requirements. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and report suspected violations.
2. Performs daily rounds of assigned areas meeting with end users to ensure facility and equipment are in satisfactory condition.
3. Performs general maintenance of systems and buildings and in a craftsman – like manner without callbacks for clean up or repeat work.
4. Repairs and maintains machinery and Mechanical equipment, i.e., tube system, minor HVAC, electrical, plumbing, beds, and gurneys without callbacks for clean up or repeat work.
5. Performs preventive maintenance and maintains accurate records. Notes any corrections and assures inspections are up to date.
6. Completes requested repairs within same day of issuance or 1 day of the estimated completion date. Immediately communicates status either completed work or expected completion time to the end user. If end user is not available a message will be left in the department/office stating status.
7. Completed scheduled preventive – maintenance at a 95% or better completion rate.
8. Maintains a safe and clean work environment.
9. Communicates with Supervisor and end user when undue delays/conflicts occur in performing repair work.
10. Maintains adequate inventory and tools are in good working condition in order to perform maintenance duties.
11. Assumes responsibility of any assigned work request to ensure satisfactory completion. Contacts Supervisor if any outside assistance is needed.
12. Trains new staff members on the repair and maintenance of the facility and equipment.
13. Completes all logs and work request documentation in a timely manner.
Specific Skills, Knowledge, Abilities Required:
Ability to safely operate and maintain of basic hand/power tools.
Ability to read and follow the operation and maintenance manuals for equipment.
Good troubleshooting skills.
Ability to work alone, but also knows when to ask for help.
Ability to consistently work and communicate effectively with members of the Maintenance team.
Required: 3-5 years in trade or hospital or equivalent as determined by Director.
Preferred: 5+ years in hospital maintenance.
Voca | Senior Recruiter
d 952-303-8120 m 507-424-9127
Voca: The Spirit of Work
Voca is a relationship organization focused on uniting talented individuals with exceptional companies. At Voca, we strongly believe that a better career results in a happier you, and we are therefore dedicated to help guide people on a career path that fulfills their passion and purpose.