3 Times Sq. New York, New York 10036
Voca Professional has immediate openings available for Legal Editor-Sr professionals in New York, New York!
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
Temporary Legal Editor - Securities Litigation
Practical Law is looking for temporary Attorney Editors with significant experience litigating SEC actions.
Contractors will work remotely (or from our NYC office), 30 to 40 hours per week.
The temporary editor will draft and edit summaries of SEC administrative and litigation settlements.
Candidates should have at least the following skills and experience:
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience working as a litigator in a law firm, public company, or the SEC, with significant experience litigating SEC actions (both administrative proceedings and in federal district court).
• Keen interest in, and understanding of, the SEC enforcement process and court procedure.
• Experience in the following areas of securities litigation and enforcement is strongly preferred:
• Insider Trading.
• Securities Offerings.
• Corporate reporting and accounting issues.
• Broker/Dealer and Investment Adviser obligations.
• A passion for writing and good editing skills, including:
• very close attention to detail;
• impressive command of grammar, punctuation, and plain English; and
• the ability to write about complex legal issues clearly and simply.
Candidates selected for a second interview will be required to submit a writing sample.
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work