3 Times Sq New York, New York 10036
Voca Legal has immediate openings available for Legal Editor professionals in New York, NY!
Voca connects Legal professionals with fantastic companies nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
- The Practical Law business s is looking for a temporary contractor with substantial experience in negotiating and drafting commercial real estate leases, to fill the role of Real Estate Commercial Leasing Specialist, who will write and edit practical guidance for lawyers nationwide.
Remote work for 20 hours per week. (Requires Windows-based computer and high-speed internet.)
Practical Law is looking for a temporary Real Estate Leasing Specialist contractor to work on lease-related resources to publish with our online services. The Real Estate Leasing Specialist contractor will:
• Research, write, edit, and update real estate transactional resources in accordance with Practical Law writing style, including practice notes, checklists, and standard documents explaining real estate law, including guidance and advice on commercial leasing for use by attorneys at law firms and in-house counsel.
• Be available to answer questions and perform research on discrete leasing issues that arise in Practical Law's final review of these resources.
- Candidates must have the following skills and experience:
• At least six years' experience (eight years' preferred) working as a real estate transactional attorney (with significant leasing experience) in a law firm or as in-house counsel.
• Experience drafting and negotiating commercial real estate leases.
• Ability to distill relevant market practice and perform complex legal analysis.
• Enthusiasm and ambition, with a desire to improve the efficiency of legal services.
• A good understanding of the needs and priorities of law firm attorneys, in-house counsel, and the legal market in general.
• Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with remote colleagues.
• Strong work ethic and ability to meet aggressive production deadlines.
• A passion for writing and good editing skills, including:
o the ability to pay very close attention to detail and organization;
o an impressive command of grammar, punctuation, and plain English; and
o the ability to write about complex legal issues clearly and simply.
• The ability to be self-sufficient within a paperless environment, including proficiency navigating workplace intranets and using MS Office suite.
• J.D. degree from an American Bar Association accredited law school.
• Bar admitted in a state within the U.S.
Ideal candidates will also have the following attributes:
• Familiarity with a variety of real estate practice areas.
• Familiarity with negotiating and drafting leases on behalf of both landlords and tenants for various asset classes (office, retail, industrial, etc.).
• Familiarity with lease financing issues, subordination matters, ground leases, shared developments and planned communities.
• Recent experience using Westlaw for legal research.
• Strong academic credentials, including high class rank or academic honors in law school.
Candidates will be required to provide a writing sample on a specified topic after the initial interview.
Please submit a paragraph with your resume detailing your real estate leasing experience, including the percentage of your time spent on lease transactions compared to other practice areas.
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work