610 Opperman Dr Eagan, MN 55123
Voca Legal has immediate openings available for Legal Editor professionals in Eagan, MN!
Voca connects Legal professionals with fantastic companies nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
Job Description:Practical Law is looking for temporary contractors to work on documents to publish with our online services. Each contractor will:
• Work with editors from various practice areas to create checklists, practice notes, standard clauses, or standard documents for the small law firm market.
• Provide substantive editorial expertise for additional tasks and projects across Editorial.
• Edit content into Practical Law's house style and plain English.
• Work on projects related to small law firm practice and firm management and other product development initiatives.
• Improve Practical Law resources by approaching them using a customer/user experience lens.
• Ensure the consistently superior quality of all content produced.
• Maintain and manage internal processes, databases, and folders.
QualificationsIdeal candidates will possess:
• A good understanding of the needs and priorities of generalist small law firm attorneys and the legal market in general.
• Enthusiasm and ambition, with a desire to improve the efficiency of legal services.
• Strong communication skills. Strong work ethic and ability to meet deadlines.
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
• A J.D. degree from an American Bar Association accredited law school.
• At least two years' experience working as an attorney in a small law firm.
• Excellent writing and editing skills, including:
• close attention to detail;
• good command of grammar, punctuation, and plain English; and
• ability to write about complex legal issues clearly and simply.
• Knowledge of Practical Law style is a plus.
• Experience of both Clients editorial processes, tools, platforms and operations preferred.
• Experience in Legal editorial roles desired.
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work