Lead Broadcast - Events Technician
4 Times Square New York, NY 10036
Voca has an immediate opening available for a Lead Broadcast - Events Technician in New York, NY!
- 5-10 years of experience in providing AV setup/breakdown and operational support of LIVE onsite events and production in addition to supporting and maintaining A/V infrastructure equipment.
• Working closely with onsite event planners in providing A/V support for all MarketSite events – which include but not limited to earnings calls, press conferences, webcam initiatives, corporate meetings, product demos, and day/evening receptions. Being the A/V technical liaison for all events to procure and satisfy client requirements. Effectively work with all contractors utilized for events coverage. Communicating with team members to coordinate coverage for events. Ensuring daily processes and procedures are followed for day-to-day operations, which include but not limited to Opening/Closing Bell ceremonies, IPO ceremonies, and special events.
• Responsible for the maintenance and operation of the A/V head-end control room, which include but not limited to proper wiring, room cleanliness, equipment & cable labeling, and ensuring a lucid interface to all A/V equipment.
• Troubleshoot and address any AV operational issues when they arise and communicate with all stakeholders. Providing documentation to all A/V equipment and systems in addition to generating day-to-day checklists.
• Oversee and maintain all conference rooms to ensure proper operation of all A/V related equipment. Providing A/V support when needed for meetings, conference calls, and events. Recommend and implement upgrades when appropriate. Ensure equipment interfaces are properly configured, operational, and labeled.
• Working and communicating closely with the Technical Operations Director in conveying the status of current projects, specific issues, and ensuring proper A/V coverage of all events – conference rooms, and the main events space. Ensuring requirements, deadlines, and expectations are met as per the directives set forth by the Director and the event planners.
• Assisting Opening/Closing bell ceremony directors to ensure A/V signage components necessary for Opening/Closing bell & IPO ceremonies are fully functional – Podium, Plasma/LCD screens, lighting equipment, timers, projectors, microphones, speakers, and computers.
- • Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline or work experience and formal training equivalent to a four-year degree.
• Experience working in real-time environment is a must.
• Must be able to work beyond normal business hours.
• Must be able to work various shifts.
• Multi-tasking is required and being detail-oriented is critical.
• Nature of position involves direct contact with situations involving high stress in a live, extremely visible environment.
• Motivated, team-oriented, and driven to satisfy the customer base.
• Comfortable with PC hardware and standard Microsoft Office applications
• Extron, Crestron, Lutron, Biamp, Shure, Digital Signage, Polycom knowledge/experience is a PLUS.
Voca: The Spirit of Work