Laboratory Assistant/Specimen Processor
718 Teaneck Rd Teaneck, NJ 07666
Voca Health has immediate openings available for a Laboratory Assistant/Specimen Processor professional in Teaneck, New Jersey!
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
- Is responsible to and receives direction from the management team.
- Works cooperatively with all on-site laboratory staff, Medical Laboratory (MML) employees, the laboratory’s external and internal clients, students and visitors.
Position Overview (Major Functions and Non-Essential Functions):
- The laboratory assistant is responsible for biological (e.g. blood and urine) specimen receipt, verification, handling and processing.
- The laboratory assistant is also responsible for facilitating the workflow by performing a variety of clerical, processing, and housekeeping duties that include inventory, filing, stocking, receiving shipments, cleaning, and rotating and maintaining inventory.
- Some lifting is required.
- The position requires a mature individual who is able to maintain confidentiality of all results and patient information and exercising proper precaution to avoid potential exposure to infectious/hazardous material.
- May be required to clean specimen spills when necessary.
- Minimum Education and/or Experience Required (Minimum Job Requirements, Education Requirements, Experience):
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Previous experience or knowledge of computers, telephone operations and other office equipment desired.
- Requires a high degree of accuracy when reading specimen labels and working with numbers to prevent mislabeling.
- Must be able to accommodate scheduling adjustments, off-shifts, holiday, and weekend work assignments.
- Must have the ability to pay particular attention to detail.
- Must have demonstrated problem-solving ability.
- Must be highly organized, able to work under pressure, and handle multiple priorities.
- Must have strong oral communication and human relation skills. Time management skills, the ability to work as a contributing team member, and proven computer skills are essential.
- Must be able to work additional hours as directed or needed.
- Must be adaptable and flexible in a changing environment.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude toward work.
- Knowledge of laboratory functions, medical terminology, a background in science and 1-2 years medical experience is preferred, but not required.
Voca: The Spirit of Work