Laboratory Assistant/Specimen Processor
718 Teaneck Rd Teaneck, New Jersey 99701
Voca Health has an opportunity for a Lab Assistant with out client in Teaneck. Interested candidates will reach out to Jon Burckhardt at JBurckhardt@myvoca.com, direct line 507-288-5260.
- Works cooperatively with all on-site laboratory staff, Client Medical Laboratory (MML) employees, the laboratory’s external and internal clients, students and visitors.
- The laboratory assistant is responsible for biological (e.g. blood and urine) specimen receipt, verification, handling and processing.
- The laboratory assistant is also responsible for facilitating the workflow by performing a variety of clerical, processing, and housekeeping duties that include inventory, filing, stocking, receiving shipments, cleaning, and rotating and maintaining inventory.
- Some lifting is required.
- The position requires a mature individual who is able to maintain confidentiality of all results and patient information and exercising proper precaution to avoid potential exposure to infectious/hazardous material. May be required to clean specimen spills when necessary.
Job Specific Details
- Schedule : M-F 11a-7p
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Knowledge of laboratory functions, medical terminology, a background in science and 1-2 years medical experience is preferred, but not required.
- Requires a high degree of accuracy when reading specimen labels and working with numbers to prevent mislabeling.
- Must be able to accommodate scheduling adjustments, off-shifts, holiday, and weekend work assignments.
- Time management skills, the ability to work as a contributing team member, and proven computer skills are essential.
- Must be able to work additional hours as directed or needed. Must be adaptable and flexible in a changing environment.
- Knowledge of laboratory functions, medical terminology, a background in science and 1-2 years medical experience is preferred, but not required
Voca is a relationship organization focused on uniting talented individuals with exceptional companies. At Voca, we strongly believe that a better career results in a happier you, and we are therefore dedicated to help guide people on a career path that fulfills their passion and purpose.