Labor/Delivery Birth Technician
1925 Woodwinds Drive Woodbury, Minnesota 55125
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Labor/Delivery Birth Technician professionals in Woodbury, MN!
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
Job Description:* Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
* Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements.
* Assists physician as a scrub assistant during surgical procedures efficiently and safely.
* Recognizes and maintains surgical instruments/equipment to ensure proper use and availability during surgical cases.
* Performs surgical counts on all surgical procedures to ensure patient safety.
* Maintains the physical environment of labor and delivery and the operating room so that areas are always immediately ready.
* Orients patients to labor and delivery area.
Assists with patient admission and chart completion when requested.
* Transfers patients, discharges delivered and undelivered patients when requested.
* Answers patient call lights and assists with patients needs as appropriate.
Knowledge: Knowledge of surgical asepsis and sterile technique. Reports To: DIRECTOR CLINICAL-296
Direction of Others: None.
- Attention to Detail: Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task.
- Computer Skills Basic: Ability to use a computer and applications that are associated with performing basic work tasks (navigate in Windows, Outlook, etc). Inspection:
- Critical appraisal skills including examination, measurement, and testing of quality and condition of equipment, materials, or services.
- Interpersonal Communication: Skilled in developing effective rapport with customers, co-workers, or families, actively listening to develop a positive connection.
- Professional Practice: Demonstrates behavior consistent with the standards, scope of practice, ethics, and characteristics of a licensed professional.
- Safety Testing and Practices: Knowledge and application of safety practices, fire and disaster policies and procedures; safety testing, performance verification, and operations procedures for various types of equipment.
- Trade or Vocational Certification Trade or vocational certification in Surgical Technology required.
- Credentials Essential: Description: Basic Life Support (BLS) Qualification Source: American Heart Association
Preferred: Description: Certified Surgical Technologist (CST)
- Qualification Source: National Board of Surgical Tech and Surgical Assisting
- Experience: No experience required. 1 year of OR experience in surgery or labor and delivery setting or equivalent combination of education or experience preferred.
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work