3050 Superior Dr NW, Superior Drive Support Center Rochester, MN 55901
Voca has an immediate opening available for a Lab Assistant in Rochester, MN! If you are interested, please forward your resume to Ashley at email@example.com and call her at 507-288-5260. Thanks!
- Is responsible to and receives direction from the laboratory management team.
- Works cooperatively with all staff, external clients, students and visitors.
- The laboratory assistant is responsible for biological (e.g. blood, urine) specimen receipt, identification verification, processing and storage.
- The laboratory assistant is also responsible for performing a variety of clerical, processing, and other laboratory duties that include maintaining supply inventory, filing, stocking, receiving shipments, and cleaning.
- The laboratory assistant works with various computer information systems on a daily basis.
Job Specific Details
- Schedule: Four 10 hours shift - Mon, Tues, Fri, Sat, 5am-3:30pm.
- Responsible for sorting, tracking and delivering samples. This department sees about 55,000 samples per day. Very large automation system but about 10,000-12,000 need to be done manually (reading labels, determining lab location, and bundling/scanning bar codes and delivering).
- Driver's license is required as there may be times this person is required to drive to pick up samples.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Knowledge of laboratory functions, medical terminology, a background in science and 1-2 years medical experience is preferred, but not required.
- Previous experience or knowledge of computers and keyboarding, telephone operations and other office equipment desired.
- Ability to accurately read specimen labels and work with numbers to prevent mislabeling.
- Must be organized, able to prioritize and work in a fast paced environment.
- Must possess good human relations skills and be able to communicate effectively both orally and in written form.
- Requires the ability to be attentive to details and to adhere to strict safety requirements for handling chemicals, reagents and infectious agents.
Voca | Senior Recruiter