Duke University 308 Crutchfield Street, Suite D Durham, NC 27704 Durham, NC 27708
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Lab Assistant professionals in Durham, NC! If you are interested, please forward your resume to Ashley at email@example.com and call at 507-288-5260. Thanks!
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
- The laboratory assistant is responsible for biological (e.g. blood, urine) specimen receipt, identification verification, processing and storage.
- The laboratory assistant is also responsible for performing a variety of clerical, processing, and other laboratory duties that include maintaining supply inventory, filing, stocking, receiving shipments, and cleaning.
- The laboratory assistant works with various computer information systems on a daily basis.
- Two positions available.
- One shift is 8:30a to 5p, the other shift is 1p to 9:30p.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Knowledge of laboratory functions, medical terminology, a background in science and 1-2 years medical experience is preferred, but not required.
- Previous experience or knowledge of computers and keyboarding, telephone operations and other office equipment desired.
- Ability to accurately read specimen labels and work with numbers to prevent mislabeling.
- Must be organized, able to prioritize and work in a fast paced environment.
- Must possess good human relations skills and be able to communicate effectively both orally and in written form.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Must be able to accommodate scheduling adjustments, off-shifts, holiday, and weekend work assignments.
- Requires the ability to be attentive to details and to adhere to strict safety requirements for handling chemicals, reagents and infectious agents