180 East Broad Street Columbus, OH 43215
Voca Health has immediate openings available for a Lab Assistant professional in Columbus, OH! If you are interested, please forward your resume to Jon Burckhardt at JBurckhardt@myvoca.com. Thanks!
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
- Processing samples, shipping and handling of samples, responsible for the integrity of the specimen and processing the specimen from the hospital and sending it off to Clinic.
- Responsible for administrative duties, such as answering phone calls to the lab.
- Will essentially be the only representation of our Client's Clinic onsite.
- Responsible to and receives direction from the laboratory management team.
- Works cooperatively with all Clinic staff, external clients, students and visitors.
- The laboratory assistant is responsible for biological (e.g. blood, urine) specimen receipt, identification verification, processing and storage.
- The laboratory assistant is also responsible for performing a variety of clerical, processing, and other laboratory duties that include maintaining supply inventory, filing, stocking, receiving shipments, and cleaning.
- The laboratory assistant works with various computer information systems on a daily basis.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Knowledge of laboratory functions, medical terminology, a background in science and 1-2 years medical experience is preferred, but not required.
- Previous experience or knowledge of computers and keyboarding, telephone operations and other office equipment desired.
- Ability to accurately read specimen labels and work with numbers to prevent mislabeling.
- Must be organized, able to prioritize and work in a fast paced environment.
- Must possess good human relations skills and be able to communicate effectively both orally and in written form.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Must be able to accommodate scheduling adjustments, off-shifts, holiday, and weekend work assignments.
- Requires the ability to be attentive to details and to adhere to strict safety requirements for handling chemicals, reagents and infectious agents.
- M-F 11:30 am- 7:30 pm