9707 Key West Avenue Rockville, Maryland 20850
Voca Technology has immediate openings available for LAN Administrator professionals in Rockville, MD! Interested candidates will email current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and call 612-324-0800.
Voca connects professionals in Technology with fantastic companies nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
- LAN Administrator will help manage Microsoft servers and clients, including over 250 servers and 250 clients.
- Incumbent will perform a variety of maintenance, evaluation, installation, remediation and training tasks to enable users and customers to maximize productivity.
- He/she will enforce security procedures and assist in the planning, deployment, and maintenance of corporate hardware and software.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field and 5+ years of related experience of which three (3) must be with specialized experience including knowledge and analysis of TCP/IP, SMTP, and SMB protocols.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or equivalent is a must.
- Must have experience with all aspects of communication networks planning, system security, installation, and support.
- Must be able to work independently on moderately complex tasks with little instruction.
- Ability to work in parallel on multiple assignments is needed.
- Incumbent must possess strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and troubleshoot is required.
- Strong planning, organizational skills and attention to detail are a must.
- Implementation of plans and procedures are also required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are a must.
- Must have a broad understanding of principles, concepts and techniques of a technical support area including the impact on peripheral business areas.
- Incumbent must exhibit significant independent judgment.
- Must be able to independently organize own work to meet established objectives.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency and ability to implement his/her work with established guidelines on the following technologies: Active Directory, Office 365, malware protection and prevention, basic networking, Microsoft Office, SQL, VMWare, IIS, SSL, general email technology, Hewlett Packard hardware and Insight Manager, SharePoint, NetApp and Nimble storage.
- Ability to acquire or demonstrate proficiency with minimal oversight on the following technologies is preferred: image deployment (MDT, Ghost, SCCM, Clonezilla, FOG, etc.), TMG, Veeam, Networker, MDM, and Websense.
- Familiarity with scripting languages is highly preferred.
- Ability to work independently on moderately complex tasks with little instruction is required.
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work