Insurance Follow Up
39000 Bob Hope Dr Rancho Mirage, California 92270
Voca has an immediate opening available for a Insurance Follow Up in Rancho Mirage, CA!
Job Description:1. Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and report suspected violations.
2. Prepares the Front Office work area on a daily basis for patient arrivals.
3. Deals with patients that deliver Disability forms to be completed by our office. Assure that they are logged into the computer under the patient’s account for tracking purposes.
4. Assists patients with review of demographic information; obtains any new information necessary, i.e. insurance, change of addresses, etc.
5. Scans and indexes all new patient information, HIPPA forms, insurance cards or any other pertinent information provided by the patient to our office. Assists in the indexing of all other electronic files.
6. Checks out patients and makes the proper return appointments as noted on the encounter form by the physician. Collects any co-payment and/or other fees that are due, as designated by the Billing Department.
7. Balances cash box, payments received by check or credit card, at the beginning and end of each shift. Accounts for all encounter forms printed. Locks up all payments received at the end of the day, deposits cash into a separate safe.
8. Acts as a liaison between patients and back office staff.
9. Prepares weekly schedule for front desk staff.
10. Reviews provider’s schedule daily to staff appropriately.
11. Performs other duties as assigned
• Preferred: Medical Care Courses Medical Office and/or Medical Career College degree
• Required: Computer and telephone experience, Medical experience, 2 years minimum.
• Preferred: Knowledge of all types of insurance.
Specific Skills, Knowledge, Abilities Required:
1. Excellent verbal, writing and telephone skills.
2. Ability to plan and organize work.
3. Ability to multi-task
4. Computer Knowledge.
Voca: The Spirit of Work