Insurance Coordinator (Hospital)
Rancho Mirage, California 92270
Voca Professional has an opportunity for an Insurance Follow Up position with our client in Rancho Mirage, CA. Interested candidates will reach out to Jared Goforth at firstname.lastname@example.org direct line 952-303-8123.
- Works under the direction of the Patient Financial Service Manager. Is engaged in activities relating to the collection of payment and/or resolution of self-pay balance accounts.
- Adheres to all rules & standards around productivity, timeliness, overtime, & meal/rest periods
- Balances individual/team responsibilities to produce more efficiently
- Pays close attention to detail to standardize work, and eliminate waste and rework
- Makes a concerted effort to conserve hospital resources, i.e. electricity, supplies, water, etc.
- Adheres to all hospital, division and department policies and procedures
- Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and report suspected violations.
- Manages new accounts, on a daily basis, by working within Receivables Workstation. Interfaces with other departments within the hospital, when appropriate, to obtain information necessary to process or resolve claims. Contacts patient and/or account guarantor to solicit payment on account.
- Works all accounts listed in the Follow-Up cue, on a daily basis to promote collection of accounts. This will include telephoning the payer or identifying the claim on the payers’ Internet websites.
- Manages entire account inventory on a timely basis to promote payment and resolution of all accounts as instructed by management.
- Responsible for staying current on all payer requirements by reading bulletins, reviewing provider handbooks, accessing websites, etc.
- Process incoming correspondence, including signature letters, denials, prior authorizations and additional information necessary to process the claim.
- Records newly identified insurance plans and facilitate the account processing of new plan in accordance with pre-billing policies and procedures.
- Records accurate and definitive notes in the electronic account file that depict the current status of account, issues with account and anticipated date of resolution.
- Escalates account management to Supervisor when extraordinary issues arise.
- Assigns a status codes to each worked account to enable account tracking, statistical data gathering and audit activities.
- Manages new credit balance accounts every day and prepares adjustments or refunds to zero the account balance.
- Handle special projects as directed by management e.g. high dollar accounts, accounts over 180 days old, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Preferred: One year prior experience in a hospital setting, billing certification or Customer Service;
- Experience in a clinic, payer or collection agency setting may be substituted.
- Must have working knowledge of managed care, Medicare/Medi-Cal Billing regulations.
- Specific Skills, Knowledge, Abilities Required
- Knowledge of computer based claims management.
- Strong windows knowledge, keyboarding skills, knowledge of database system and experience with internet applications.
- Able to operate basic office equipment i.e. copiers, fax machines and calculators.
- Must have an understanding of medical terminology.
- Requires strong customer service and problem solving skills.
- Requires the ability to handle multiple projects/tasks at the same time.
- Able to prioritize workload and possess good time management skills.
- Must have knowledge of contract management and federal and state regulatory guidelines.
Voca is a relationship organization focused on uniting talented individuals with exceptional companies. At Voca, we strongly believe that a better career results in a happier you, and we are therefore dedicated to help guide people on a career path that fulfills their passion and purpose.