Las Vegas, Nevada 89146
- Assembles and organizes underwriting data requests, completes insurance applications and creates underwriting submissions for all major corporate insurance renewals.
- Performs research and prepares correspondences for review and approval of insurance language and indemnification provisions in contracts, leases and agreements. Ensures compliance with contractual requirements.
- Assists with the internal management of NVE Insurance Co. (Captive) operating and compliance activities.
- Provides analysis for underwriting, claims, budgeting and investment decision making. Facilitates annual board of directors/shareholders meetings and completes annual license renewals. 10%
- Coordinates engineering efforts with property insurers and internal generating plant property engineers.
- Reports monthly developments to Generation executive leadership and develops plans and strategies for achieving lower operational risk.
- Researches current market risk initiatives. Stays well versed in insurance industry standards, policies, changes and news.
- Assess the need for various instruments (bonding, letter of credit) to satisfy indemnification requirements for contracts.
- Creates and executes indemnification instruments and manages renewal process where required.
- Serves as a liaison to external contacts
- Plans, prepares and develops risk management presentations to the insurance marketplace.
- Represents Company in insurance industry and professional associations
- Plans and schedules inspections of all facilities with insurance carriers and loss control consultants to identify hazards and recommends appropriate programs to reduce exposures.
- Coordinates General Rate Case process and filings related to Corporate Insurance.
- Reviews and reconciles insurance premium amortization schedules and master data request in order to ensure complete and accurate regulatory filings and cost recovery.
- Responds timely and accurately to internal and external data requests and inquiries regarding insurance programs and premium allocations.
- Monitors the receipt of insurance binders, policies and endorsements. Manages the safekeeping of original insurance policies.
- Conducts ad-hoc risk studies and quantitative analysis as required. Develops reports summarizing analytical results and recommendations. Ensures proper documentation of decisions.
- Manages the liability and property certificate of insurance program (COI) and letters of self-insurance.
- Reviews evidence of insurance from third parties and determines compliance with Company standards and contractual requirements.
- Supports workers compensation insurance placement, regulatory compliance and program oversight.
- Master’s Degree in the area of specialty from an accredited school and 1 year of experience. OR;
- Bachelor’s Degree in the area of specialty from an accredited school and 3 years of related experience.
- Candidates that do not possess a bachelor’s degree must have a minimum of 7 years of related work experience.
- Overall business, the sources of risk, and potential options for mitigation.
- Accounting and financial analysis.
- Analytical and quantitative analysis, written, communication and organizational.
- Managing Internal and external relationships.
- Equipment and Applications
- PCs, word processing, spreadsheet and database software.