2900 Westside Parkway Alpharetta, Georgia 30004
Voca Professional has immediate openings available for IT Project Manager IV professionals in Alpharetta, GA!
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
The purpose of the PMO Leader job is to build, manage and drive vision for a successful PMO within the Enterprise Technology Group. The PMO Leader will ensure appropriate staffing of the PMO to meet the needs of the business. The PMO Leader will facilitate the on-going refinement and practical application of PM standards and frameworks across all projects/programs within portfolio. The PMO Leader will provide oversight to projects/programs in order to drive maturity, accuracy and consistency of PM practices. The PMO Leader will ensure the successful delivery of all projects/programs within portfolio. The PMO Leader is expected to work independently, collaborate across business areas, and promote the PM function within the business.
• Enhances competency levels of existing PMs by defining behaviors/ skills within a competency model framework, identifying skill gaps and outlining gap closing plans
• Uses a wide variety of methods to develop PM talent, such as coaching, on the job experiences, training, etc.
• Mobilizes organization change, building alignment on project/program management capability at varying levels of the organization
• Focuses PMs on attainment of project/program outcomes, holding PMs accountable for project/program results and client/ sponsor satisfaction
• Promotes a pragmatic approach to applying project/program elements
• Ensures adherence to and proper organization usage of standard project/program management practices
• Establishes oversight mechanisms (e.g., project quality reviews, stage gates) to proactively review performance of programs/projects within portfolio, eliminating surprises and ensuring efforts are on track
• Provides executive visibility into performance, health, and key risks/ issues for programs/ projects within portfolio
• Facilitates or participates in portfolio management process from upfront project selection through execution, emphasizing trade-offs to facilitate decision making
• Evolves program/ project capability through the definition and refinement of methodologies, tools, supporting education avenues, etc.
• Applies resource management practices to effectively manage resource capacity and skill sets against portfolio demand
• Bachelor degree in business or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 10+ years of experience in large-scale project/program management environment and/or relevant consulting experience
• Minimum of 5+ years in a direct staff management role
• Experience executing and providing oversight to projects/programs across a portfolio
• Knowledge of how to mature a project management capability and successfully drive change
• Experience developing and managing a high performing PM team
• Expert understanding of the Project, Program and Portfolio Management processes and methodologies
• Proficient with Project Management tools
• Possesses the following key skills/ behaviors:
• Talent Management
? Ability to select and develop project/ program managers with high potential talent, possessing key attributes that drive effectiveness
? Ability to provide timely guidance to a project/program manager based on instinct and effective interpretation
o Capability Development
? Ability to drive adoption of a project/ program management capability, increasing overall maturity and ultimately improving predictability of project/program outcomes and client/sponsor satisfaction
• Execution Oversight
? Oversee diverse portfolio of project/programs to ensure consistency and accuracy in the execution of project/program outcomes
• Strategic Outlook
? Ability to cast project/ program management vision in the context of the broader business context, translating vision into reality
• Stakeholder Partnership
? Excels in acquiring support for decisions and actions that span business areas and external parties
? Ability to build and maintain a network of alliances inside and outside the organization, and uses the network to achieve goals
? Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships
? Uses appropriate strategies to achieve objectives- considering the situation, issues and persons involved. Reaches sound decisions and takes wise course of action.
• Learning Agility:
? Recognizes the environment in which one functions may be constantly changing and adapts his/her own approach and behavior accordingly. Ability and willingness to learn from experience, applying learnings to perform successfully under new situations.
• Business Acumen:
? Knows how the business works. Knowledgeable on business operations, practices, policies and procedures relevant to his/her current role. Demonstrates an understanding of the Client products, the meaning and implications of key business indicators and critical business issues.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent preferred, not required
• Experience in banking, financial services, and/or software industries desired
Office Environment, some travel up to 25%
Physical Requirements – typical office environment no special requirements
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
Voca: The Spirit of Work