ICU RN - Travel or Local
2075 East Flamingo Rd, Desert Springs Hospital (DSH) Las Vegas, NV 89119
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Travel or local Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Registered Nurse (RN) professionals in Las Vegas, NV!
Voca connects Travel Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, LPNs, CNAs, and other clinical professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our travelers, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help our travelers reach their individual goals. Voca provides travelers a variety of benefits including insurance, vacation, referral bonuses, and dedicated support for active travelers.
Assignment details are provided below, we’re excited to hear from you. Interested travelers (or local candidates!) will reach out to Voca at email@example.com, 507-288-5260.
- ICU RNs use advanced skills to care for patients who are critically ill and at high risk for life-threatening health problems. ICU patients include but aren’t limited to heart attack, stroke, shock, severe trauma, or respiratory distress, multiple organ failure, sepsis, and other critical conditions. Because of the critical nature of the patients, it is standard that ICU RNs only have one or two patients on a shift. Patients are on very specialized equipment and multiple medications.
- The Intensive Care Unit is sometimes referred to as the Intensive Therapy Unit, Intensive Treatment Unit (ITU), or Critical Care Unit (CCU).
- Duties:Service Excellence Requirements Treat everyone as a guest: *Utilizes AIDET to make a positive first impression. *Demonstrates effective service recovery skills. *Demonstrates enhanced listening skills. *Meets Service Excellence goals from Personal Action Plan for Standard 1 if applicable. Demonstrate Professionalism and Excellence in the things I do: *Takes ownership/accountability for role in Service Excellence. *Accepts role as a leader and serves as a positive role model. *Focuses on solutions for problems, not causes. *Meets Service Excellence goals from Personal Action Plan for Standard 2 if applicable." Practice Teamwork: *Participates in decision making and process improvement. *Effectively communicates verbally and non-verbally. *Demonstrates awareness and understanding of HCAHPS and own role in driving HCAHPS scores. *Meets Service Excellence goals from Personal Action Plan for Standard 3 if applicable."
- Skills:2 years of acute care experience in ICU unit - Required ASN but BSN preferred- - Required Current BLS Certification - - Required ACLS Current RN license in the Sate of Nevada - Required Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing and completion of a Specialty course / or equivalent - Required
Education:ASN or BSN
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Paid Vacation Program
- Paid Time Off Program
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
- Generous Housing Stipends
- Housing Location Assistance
- Excellent Referral Bonuses
Voca: The Spirit of Work