Help Desk Specialist
515 2nd St SW Rochester, Minnesota 55902
- The role of the Help Desk Specialist position is to act as the initial support contact for problems or other reported issues regarding computers and related technologies from internal staff.
- The specialist is expected to troubleshoot, resolve or escalate those problems or incidents correctly, and document all of the foregoing.
- Of critical importance is for the specialist to have excellent interpersonal communication skills to support the delivery of outstanding customer service in a team-based environment.
- The specialist must have the ability to explain basic concepts or procedures in a clear, concise, easy-to-understand manner for a large and diverse customer base who utilize a wide variety of in-house developed and off-the-shelf applications.
- Being able to quickly learn support skills for new applications is also very important for the specialist to be successful in this position.
- In addition to these basic duties, the Help Desk Specialist is expected to act as a mentor to coach and support less senior or less experienced co-workers in a positive manner.
- Effective time management and project management skills are expected.
Minimum Education and/or Qualifications:
H.S / GED and 4+ years’ experience in an IT or call center environment and 2 years’ experience in a customer service position; OR Associate's degree with 2 years’ experience in an IT or call center environment or Bachelor’s degree. Typing skills 25+ words per minute.
2 fulltime and 1 part-time as follows Sun-Thu: 4 pm to Midnight Mon-Fri: 3 to 11 pm Sat-Sun: 7am to 5 pm Must be onsite in Rochester
Voca: The Spirit of Work