General Services Attendant
Jacksonville, Florida 32224
- Assists patients at building entrances and throughout the Davis, Client and Cannaday Buildings at our Client Florida (MCF) as needed.
- Transports patients and others in wheelchairs and/or on stretchers throughout all buildings as needed.
- Demonstrates professionalism when dealing with patients, visitors, medical and allied health staff, and others.
- Demonstrates a courteous and cooperative manner at all times. Displays maturity, initiative, and shows sound judgment.
- Utilizes appropriate verbal communication skills in a courteous and professional manner.
- Demonstrates willingness to remain flexible while performing any tasks or duties as requested by the Supervisor.
- Adapts quickly to changes in procedure and/or equipment usage in a positive manner.
- Maintains a professional demeanor when concerns and problems are presented.
- Seeks to gather necessary information in order to understand the presented situation in detail before offering possible resolution(s).
- Demonstrates tact and diplomacy when in contact with people under stressful conditions.
- Does not become emotional or argumentative in adverse conditions.
- Manages altercations and emergency situations in an effective and professional manner.
- Attends to any problem or request, which includes making the proper referrals to the appropriate section, as necessary.
- Demonstrates strict confidentiality in the dissemination of patient information.
- Immediately reports any hazardous conditions to the Supervisor and/or Security as required.
Specific Job Details:
- Work schedule for this position is 11:15 am to 8:15 pm, Monday-Friday.
- The work schedule is non-negotiable.
- This position will require being a primary shuttle bus driver in the afternoons, typically from 4 pm to 8:15 pm.
- This position requires a high level of customer service as well.
- Minimum Education and/or Experience Required (Minimum Job Requirements, Education Requirements, Experience):
- EDUCATION: High School diploma or equivalent required.
- EXPERIENCE: None required.
- COMPETENCY: Demonstrates knowledge of operation of wheelchairs. Demonstrates knowledge of operation of stretchers. Demonstrates knowledge of lab policies and procedures for handling lab items for transport.
- JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must possess excellent communications skills.
- ADDL CONSIDERATIONS: Must be able to tolerate sitting, walking, carrying and/or pushing for up to 8 hours. Must be able to lift 50 pounds without assistance.