Portland, Oregon 97232
- Use ArcGIS and ArcFM as well as a custom application to identify, configure, and transform distribution data.
- Read and interpret electrical utility asset information to enter, edit, and update spatial and tabular data.
- Maintain the accuracy of the GIS database(s), technical files, and documentation.
- Ensure quality, meet timelines, and coordinate with supervisor and trainers to resolve data issues.
- Complete data conversion, digitizing, spatial data editing, attribute editing, data validation and maintenance of digital infrastructure spatial data and related attribute information.
- Analyze data and perform QC/QA related activities, standards enforcement, and data validation.
- Progress tracking and reporting
- Technical certification or equivalent in drafting, GIS, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of three years of related experience working in a fast paced, high volume production environment using ArcGIS.
- Experience working with and ability to read and understand electrical one lines, schematics, as well as transmission plan and profile drawings.
- Knowledge of basic electrical distribution power systems and utility network connectivity.
- Knowledge of utility engineering specifications and drawings, established drafting and design techniques.
- Knowledge of current technologies, tools, systems, and vendors.
- Understanding of company policies, practices, and procedures.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to consult and resolve internal and external customer issues.
- Ability to work with all levels of an organization including people with different styles and backgrounds; ability to work as a member of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geographic Information System (GIS), Natural Resources, Geography or a related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with ArcGIS 10.x and ArcFM
- Experience working with and maintaining networked utility data.
- Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.