Food Service Worker
3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd Portland, Oregon 97239
Voca has an immediate opening available for a Food Service Worker in Portland, OR!
- loads trays as checked starting with left column going from top to bottom; runs for missing items; assures that trays are complete before loading; keeps carts lined up; adds par stock and nourishments to carts for delivery; notifies staff on units when arriving on floor or
Transport: load trays into meal carts as needed; deliver meal carts or requested items (including nourishments) to nursing units in a timely and efficient manner; communicates with Room Service Associates using the Vocera system to ensure timely delivery of trays.
- Picks up soiled carts and returns them to dish room.
- sets up station with standard items.
- Places items on tray according to tray diagram.
- Works assembly position putting on beverages and condiments, desserts, juices, and other assigned items. Uses proper portion control. Assures trays are complete. Runs for items as directed by checker or manager.
- Cleans work station
2 brings back all dirty trays in carts for assigned floors; collects dirty trays from the floor kitchens as needed; picks up dirty trays and service ware when encountered
- cleans dirty carts outside with cleaner; sanitizes inside with quaternary sanitizer; lines up carts for next meal; sorts silverware and runs through dish machine a second time
- follows department policies and procedures for food safety and sanitation; uses proper utensils; uses gloves appropriately; uses chemicals appropriately and only after being trained; complies with infection control policies and hand washing procedures.
- Sustainability: supports sustainability efforts of the Food & Nutrition Department by participating fully in the recycling programs, and separating food and food-soiled paper waste for composting.
- prevents waste by using oldest first (FIFO), and preparing only what is needed.
- fulfills responsibility to organization through performance that promotes the service excellence philosophy.
- Takes ownership of a problem and ensures positive outcome.
- Creates a service culture. Assumes the role of a patient advocate.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent -highly desired
- Experience in a commercial food service facility - required
- Read, write and speak fluently in English - required
- Multnomah County Food Handler's Card - required
Voca: The Spirit of Work