195 S Broadway Rochester, MN 55902
Voca Health has an opportunity for a Financial Representative with our client in Rochester, MN. Interested candidates will reach out to Jon Burckhardt at JBurckhardt@myvoca.com, direct line 347.293.2564.
- Collects, reviews, discusses, and documents demographic, insurance, and financial information with patients and payers for Client's in Arizona, Jacksonville and Rochester Revenue Cycles.
- Responsible for management and collection of Client Account Receivables through the use of automated systems and revenue cycle processes.
- Responds to and resolves a variety of account, billing and payment issues from patients and customers.
- Follows approved guidelines and policies regarding routine patient and payer interactions.
- Makes independent decisions that require individual and/or team analysis, reasoning, and problem solving.
- Interprets, applies and communicates Client policies regarding medical and financial aspects of patient care to assure optimal reimbursement for both the patient and Client.
- This individual must accurately document interactions and interpret interactions documented by others.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and possess the ability to negotiate payment reimbursement from patients and third party payers, via incoming and outgoing phone calls or face to face interactions.
- This would be a great position for someone with Banking, Collections, or Call Center Customer Service experience.
- Bachelor degree in business or health care field preferred.
- Qualified candidates must be customer-focused, service-oriented and possess demonstrated skills in teambuilding, communication, decision-making, problem-solving, interaction, coping and versatility.
- Knowledge of personal computer applications such as Windows, Microsoft Word and Excel, medical terminology, CPT and ICD-9 coding, Order Communication System and patient accounting system is helpful.
- Candidates possessing multi-linguistic skills and cross-cultural experiences are preferred, fluent in English is a requirement.
- Keyboarding experience required. NAHAM Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) certification preferred.
- Experience as a Financial Representative is preferred.
- HS Diploma or equivalent, AND A minimum of four years of relevant experience in finance, collections, customer service, insurance and/or health care environment OR a bachelor's degree is required.
- Call center experience can be helpful, (though this is not a call center) background of financial discussion can be helpful (ex: collector, teller).
- Knowing how to de-escalate calls with upset patients.
- Problem solving skills.
Voca is a relationship organization focused on uniting talented individuals with exceptional companies. At Voca, we strongly believe that a better career results in a happier you, and we are therefore dedicated to help guide people on a career path that fulfills their passion and purpose.